Apply for Help
Homeowner Application Process
Thank you for your interest in our programs! Rebuilding Together Yellowstone County is proud to serve the neighbors in our communities who need help keeping their homes safe and healthy. Before applying, please first read our applicant criteria below.
To qualify for the Rebuilding Together Yellowstone County program, the applicant and property must meet the following requirements:
1. The applicant’s home must be in Yellowstone County, which includes:
Cities Zip codes
If your home is located outside of Yellowstone County, then you might be able to receive assistance from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development.
2. The applicant must own and occupy the property to be rehabilitated or repaired and must have been the owner and occupant of the property for at least one year.
3. Preference will be given to the applicant or total household income that does not exceed the limits income for Yellowstone County area 80% of Area Median Income (AMI)] as listed below:
4. The applicant and household members cannot have liquid assets (savings, stocks, bonds, or other financial investment accounts) in excess of $5,000.
5. The applicant must agree to an inspection of the property by the Rebuilding Together inspection team or skilled trades people and sign an agreement to bring the unit up to minimum standards for safe, decent, and sanitary housing.
6. The taxable market value as established by Yellowstone County Tax Assessment Data cannot exceed $100,000.
7. All of the property taxes must be paid.
8. The property must be:
A property where repairs are required and it is determined by the Rebuilding Together inspection team or a skilled trades person that it is not feasible to complete the repair or rehabilitation project on the property through other local programs; or
A property that requires repairs to make the home accessible, mainly to an elderly or a disabled homeowner that does not have the means to fix up the home.
Applications are accepted year-round.